Saturday 13 April 2013

Week 8 - Run Idle

This week I have been a little behind and have been catching up with some animation time, so i have fully completed my run cycle, Finding reference for this was very difficult because the way people run with riot shields is with their feet turned to the side.

Overall though I am extremely happy with the loop and I will show a batch render below of my animation so you get a good idea of what it looks like. But first I am going to demonstrate how the animation works as a block out, showing my silhouettes and reference. The reason I like showing the silhouetted out version is because you can get a sense of what is happening, and if you understand the movements, then that translates across to me as the character having a strong pose. By having a strong pose, you can create very effective animations that work well.


Above you can see a reference video (I look silly i know) of me impersonating a military soldier crossing his feet over as he walks with a riot shield. Seeming as i couldn't find any reference at all i decided to make my own. This proved useful when blocking out the pose as shown in the silhouette below. 
Above you can see an GIF of my walk cycle, it shows the basic block out frames that i made based off my reference video, I then focused on making everything perfect and securing a strong pose. It wasn't until after i had a very strong pose that i decided to start on creating the in-between frames. 


Finally the long awaited run cycle! This is the final render that I have created which portrays my character doing his run cycle, I am very happy with the end result and I cant wait to start compositing things into third party software packages now. If there is any more cleaning up to do with the animation I will do that at the end. Overall I'm very happy with the end result and quite proud of my animations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment